Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Dahlia! A Most Lovely Wedding Flower!!!

Spring is finally underway! And while I am watching for spring flowers, I am also getting ready for summer and fall. I pulled out my first batch of dahlia tubers this week and have started potting them up.
A favorite for weddings is the Cafe Au Lait Dahlia, and I am so looking forward to growing this beauty again this year. While the blooms are not dinner plate size, but they are large- a good 6-8" in diameter.
It was great to have it for several weddings last year, and I am looking forward to using it again this August and September!
Another favorite dahlia of mine is Snoho Doris.This is a ball variety with petals that are peachy pink. It pairs well with blush as well as stronger orange hues. It should start blooming in August and hopefully will keep it up through late October!

No comments:

Post a Comment