Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn Weddings- Katherine & Jared

Late October in the South can bring on some incredibly great weather for outdoor weddings! And such was the case last Saturday for Katherine and Jared, (of course they had a good Plan B just in case...) The morning began with bright sunshine and just a touch of chill, and the day only got better!
I first met Katherine and Jared at the Southern Bridal Show & Expo last April. And I loved seeing them both again for a floral consultation shorty afterwards. Jared came along to give his support and also offer some suggestions of his own.
Katherine already had some definite ideas about the color palette and other elements of decor- soft yellows and creams, muted oranges and touches of mahogany brown. The flowers included Asiatic lilies, roses, mums, mokara ochids, lisianthus and hypericum berries.
c
The aisle decor and reception table designs were created in galvinized pails.
I was able to also include some zinnias and dahlias from the garden, (so sad that most of the blooms occurred the week before the wedding, but thankful that some blooms waited for the wedding!)

The arbor for Katherine and Jared was created by her dad, (and I am sure it was a Labor of Love!) They really liked the arbor that my husband, Wilson, had made for my garden beds (also a Labor of Love), and had taken pictures of it. I was very impressed with her dad's handiwork.
It was the perfect touch for the grounds at Anderson Point Park in Raleigh, and looked quite charming wrapped in willow branches and flowers!
The reception was also at the park in a quaint white cottage with warm, pine paneled walls and wooden beams and lots of personal touches provided by Katherine and Jared and their families. Perfect for celebrating such a special day.

Jared and Katherine, I am so happy for you both! I know that your day was all that you hoped for, and I am so excited for you as you begin you lives as Husband and Wife!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment