Monday, September 26, 2011

Weddings- Gretchen & Jason

Last Saturday was the wedding day for Gretchen and Jason. I met Gretchen several years ago when I worked for Garden Supply Co. (a great place to work and shop!) And I was delighted that she asked me to design her wedding flowers!
And of course I loved the color palette that she chose for this time of year- creams, oranges, yellows, and greens and just a touch of brown. The flowers that look like mini sunflowers are Viking mums and are some of my favorites for fall bouquets.
Gretchen's bouquet was also designed with soft orange spray roses, orange freesia, feathery tufts of safflowers (another fall favorite), and creamy stock. The garden picks included bright orange and yellow zinnias, Love-In-A-Puff (in bottom picture) and scented geranium leaves.
For the bridesmaid bouquets I added stems of wild grasses and from the garden African Blue basil.
The picture above shows a close-up of the stem wrap of gold organza ribbon swirled with copper aluminum wire.
The toss bouquet was a round posy of zinnias, spray roses, and Viking mums nestled in an antique hydrangea head with a scented geranium leaf collar. The toss bouquet is a little gift for my brides.
This little centerpiece was designed in a cork bark container that I picked up at Garden Supply Company. They always have a great selection of vases, planters and containers!
The tables were decked out in a collection of antique tin votive holders surrounding flower filled Mason jars. These were perfect for the relaxed setting of the reception.
Now it's time for the honeymoon! Gretchen and Jason, I wish you all the best as you begin your married life!!!

1 comment: