Tuesday, July 12, 2011

From the Garden Today

Last week we received about two inches of rain. It was truly a blessing, and I am very grateful that the Lord sent it our way!!!
So there are still flowers to pick even in this very HOT, HOT weather. Some of the foxgloves that weren't mature enough to give springtime flowers are pushing up short spires now- I think they are still very pretty. And Black-eyed Susans are in their glory now. I am sorry that I didn't plant more of them.
I have two colors of zinnias that I am keeping my eye on- Salmon Rose and Creamy Yellow. Katherine and Jared have an upcoming October wedding, and there will be some softer muted autumn tones added to the color palette. I started a new batch of seeds that will hopefully give plants that will be blooming well then.
Here are some more Mexican Tulip Poppies with some purple magenta gomphrena in the background.
Summer flowers are a rich mix of saturated reds, oranges, and yellows with mellow pinks, creams and lavenders. There is a little something for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love garden flowers.. very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for checking out my blog. These are definitely the hot weather flowers here!

    ReplyDelete