Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weddings- Kirsten and Daniel

Yesterday was the wedding day for Kirsten and Daniel.
When I first met with Kirsten, she was thinking of using pinks, yellows and whites for her flowers. But as we looked through photos of some of my bouquet designs, the two that caught her eyes were composed of just pinks, whites and touches of green- so these were the colors that ended up in her wedding bouquet. One of the flowers that she really was drawn to was the light pink Majolica rose. It has that charming cottage rose appeal and a lovely delicate fragrance.
Other flowers included white button mums, hot pink stock, pink lisianthus, raspberry pink scabosia, and from my garden, dark pink hydrangeas. I also added just a few green Love-in-a-Mist (nigella) seed heads. When I brought Kirsten her bouquet, I made sure that she knew she could save these pods and plant the seeds someday in her own garden.
Here are the ceremony arrangements that were later placed in the urns at the church. Each one had touches of soft pink snapdragons, stock and Majolica roses.
The bridesmaids carried bouquets of hot pink Gerber daisies, hot pink and light pink stock, light pink Majolica roses and from my gardens- soft pink yarrow.
There is a newly wedded couple today, and I am praying for God's blessing as Daniel and Kirsten start their lives together!

No comments:

Post a Comment