Friday, April 1, 2011

Getting Ready for Katie and Erik's Wedding


The flowers have been conditioned and are waiting in the cooler or my studio- tomorrow I will begin to gather them up into bouquets and arrange the centerpieces, but most of my prep work for today has been done.
I met Katie and Erik back in January. I just love it when the guy comes to the floral consultations- I understand why most men don't want to come, but occasionally they do. I think Erik just wanted to come and support his fiancee' and also share some of his opinions too. That first meeting was a lot of fun.
The color palette is soft blues and creamy ivories and whites, perfect for early April.
The flowers include blue delphiniums- it's a gorgeous blue too! White larkspur, white and blue hydrangeas, white roses and white stock.
And to give it a personal touch- Katie sent over some dried baby's breath. The stems have been carefully separated and wired and will be added to all the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. The flowers should be lovely and I hope they will add a special touch to a very sweet wedding on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment