Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wedding Flowers- Blue Hyacinth, Pussy Willow and Hellebore

I have been waiting and waiting and it is finally here- SPRING! Well, it's been showing up slowly over the last few weeks, but the gardens are really start to fill up with blooms. I wanted to post this picture I took a couple of weeks ago of a bouquet of blue hyacinths and hellebore from the garden. In reference to my "Get Ready for Spring" post on February 27th, yes, I did pick the blue hyacinths. I also picked some of the lovely hellebore flowers too and even some pussy willow. They were fashioned into a beautiful bouquet with green button mums, lisianthus and green hydrangea.

I am so blessed to live in an area where spring begins in February!

Close-up of the hellebore.
After this post I am headed out to the garden. It's time to plant foxgloves and Neon dianthus that were started from seed back in December. I am also going to keep my eyes on the tulips that are starting to bloom- we are going to get in the low 80's tomorrow and tulips will just fly open and kind of melt in those kind of temps. So I will start picking them and putting them in the cooler.
Next weekend is CeCe's wedding and some of the tulips I planted last fall were just for her!

1 comment: