Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weddings- Jamie and Steve at Elodie Farms


From our very first meeting, Jamie had a definite vision for her wedding flowers. I met with Jamie and her event planner, Erin McLean, of Erin McLean Events several months before the wedding date. She was very interested in designs that would use locally grown floral material. While I do grow many flowers for my brides, I knew that I would also have to enlist the help of flower farmers in the area.
These wonderful images that capture some of the details of the wedding show how Jamie's vision was brought to life. They have been provided by F8 Photo Studio and are copyrighted.
The wedding was slated for late August, and after a long search, Jamie and Steve found the perfect setting in Elodie Farms. It's located north of Durham, heading toward Roxboro, and it boasted a beautiful laid back charm. I have to admit I was pretty impressed.
The flowers perfectly matched the setting. The fresh picked blooms included crested and feather celosia, antique green hydrangea, apple green sedum, zinnia, Silver King and Love-In-A-Puff and hyacinth bean vines.
Centerpieces for the tables were designed in Mason jars that were encircled with wreaths of ivy provided by my friend, Sandy.
Jamie's bouquet included golden yellow and magenta zinnias, pink tips of feather celosia and physostegia and purple lisianthus, (from Steve Bender's flower farm). The bouquet was finished with a delicate silvery green collar of artemisia. I love this picture of Jamie and her parents on the wrap around porch of the farmhouse.
The chuppah was set up in the front yard of the house. Jamie and Steve wanted a floral design that included long trailing vines cascading down from the canopy.
Here's a close-up of one of the floral sprays topped with hyacinth bean pods and caged in curly willow with long trailing vines of Love-In-A-Puff. Erin McLean was a big help to Sandy and me in setting up.
And here's a sweet photo of the happy couple after saying "I Do."
It was a privilege to design the wedding flowers for Jamie and Steve, and I am grateful to them for allowing me to share these pictures from their wedding. And I am also very grateful to f8 photo studio for sending the images my way for posting on the blog.
I can't wait until the gardens really start up again. I plan to share more about the wealth of flowers that are greatly suited to farm and barn style weddings!

1 comment:

  1. Tracy- these arrangements are gorgeous!!! Cannot wait for the end of March when I get to see what you're going to do arrange for mine and Lee's wedding! You truly have a talent.

    CeCe

    ReplyDelete